Tuesday 7 June 2011

Tuesday, 7th June 2011, day 10

Floppy comb today, not really sure why as she has been drinking well. Maybe it is just the changes and her body adjusting.
She is still drinking well today.
Ate quite well this morning, picked at breakfast, then I found her in my studio where I also keep their feed and equipment...she had found a bowl of feed (it wasn't fresh but it also wasn't old either so I left her to it) stood inside a storage tub, and was picking at that. I got the bowl out for her and popped it on the floor in the utility room, and she (and of course Ellie-gannet-pants) tucked in. And yes, that would be my new floor that hadn't even been down 24 hours lol (by the end of the day there was food everywhere with little chooky footprints in it!). D'ya like my doorstop, she even has a floppy comb :-)


Add in a few live mealworms and breakfast time was pretty successful compared to previously!
Her garvo alfamix is being delivered tomorrow, really hoping this will be a good compromise that they will both eat.
I have still been topping her up occasionally with a little critical care formula, as I think the energy she gets from that is encouraging her to get up and eat something by herself.
So, as for the rest of the day...she has been eating really well, and guzzling a bit too much water which she has brought back up a couple of times when she has leaned forward to eat off the floor (they do have bowls and feeders honestly!), nothing major, I will keep an eye on the situation but if she was a touch dehydrated perhaps she is trying to make up for it. As for the eating...I have a theory...I was thinking about it, and I reckon she is about to drop all her beautiful clothes, so perhaps she is eating more in preparation for moulting. It does seem to be very common for them to moult after the implant.
Every night since Ruby was put to sleep the girls have slept in exactly the same spot every night without fail...until tonight, Lola is asleep in Ellie's side of the cube, with Ellie next to her. I did catch Lola just stood in the nestbox earlier, not sure if she was after a quiet little nap, but she did not want to come out to play. A couple of minutes later she appeared which was a relief!
No egg
No metoclopramide

No comments:

Post a Comment